Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Expo TV - A Great Way To Earn Money


It has been less than a year since I signed up for an Expo TV account. At first, I was hesitant to post videos of myself on the internet, even if the monetary return was pretty good. Regardless, I mustered up the courage to make my first video - a review on an infant bathtub. That first video was awkward and took several tries until I was satisfied with the result. I filmed it myself by putting my camera on a ledge in the bathroom.

Fast forward to 2013 and I currently have 90 videos of myself reviewing different products I already had lying around the house. Those 90 videos have earned me 51,530 points. "How much is that monetarily?" you may ask. If I had redeemed those points for Amazon Gift Cards or a Visa Rewards Card, I would have $425. For Safeway Gift Cards, over $300. They have a whole store of gift cards and actual products you could redeem your points for.



The average video I make is between 1-2 minutes long. At the beginning, you will probably be messing up and require several tries to get a video you feel satisfied submitting. Now, I can usually get it done in the first go 'round. I have a webcam and I automatically upload my videos once done. Efficiently executed, to make about $5 takes me maybe 15 minutes of time. That's equivalent to $20/hr. Not too shabby from something you're doing from the comfort of your own home.

Out of all the various ways of earning extra income, Expo TV is probably my favorite and the easiest way to do this. In addition, they have a survey section you can earn points on which I use every now and again if I'm bored or watching TV, but for the most part the videos are what will earn you the most money for the least amount of effort.




On top of earning money for video reviews, they have a great program called "Tryology." You submit a questionnaire to qualify (you earn a small point reward for doing so) and if you qualify you get to try out products for free. In return, you submit a video review (no points rewarded for those ones).

The Tryology program has allowed me to try out the following products since I signed up:

Herbal Essences
Baby K'tan
Duracell Batteries
Best Foods with Olive Oil Mayonnaise Dressing
Glade

Now, there are a few cons to signing up for Expo TV. The first is that your points take a week to be redeemable. It is kind of annoying because you may have submitted several videos over the course of several days and in order to use all those points at once, you have to wait until the last video's points clear.


Also, for redeeming points, the physical gift cards you order take quite a while to reach you. I have ordered a physical gift card for Red Lobster and it took about a month to receive. E-gift cards are much quicker, almost instantaneous. Some E-gift cards are the Visa Rewards, Starbucks, and Amazon.

Finally, it does sometimes make me feel uncomfortable signing a waiver saying that Expo or its brand affiliates can use my videos once I submit them. There is no way to delete a video after submission if you change your mind.

All in all, if you already have a camera or webcam available to you I would definitely recommend signing up for Expo TV and uploading some videos. 

Have you used Expo TV? What has been your experience? Please share in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment